Once owning a house in Crete or in your country, you should always have in mind the following check list, which will help you keep your home in a good condition. It will also help you avoid a lot of stress involved in dealing with any potential damages:
- Check your roof for blocked drainage. If the water gathers on the top of the property, it might cause moisture problems on the roof or on the walls.
- Check that all the water pipes are properly insulated and that they are not leaking.
- Have your fireplace serviced and cleaned annually because dirty chimney can cause fire.
- Have your central heating boiler serviced before using it.
- Check that the alarm of the house is working property and that its battery is in a good condition.
- Check for missing tiles, cracked render and structural damage as they can cause leaks and moisture.
- Check your garden and especially check for dead or dying trees, which can easily fall down and cause damages in cases of strong winds.